DEAR FRIENDS, DUE TO UNEXPECTED AMOUNT OF ORDERS ALREADY COLLECTED, ALL ORDERS PLACED AFTER DECEMBER 1ST 2019 WILL BE DELIVERED DURING THE MONTH OF JANUARY 2020
THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING!
Mirror with pull-up bar, 67/99 cm
Acrylic mirror on plywood,660/990mm. Pull-up bar in hardwood, 25 mm diameter.
The Montessori mirror:
- Promotes visual tracking.
- Promotes concentration - along with the mobiles you can see long periods of concentration in a very young child.
- Brings joy - often when you see a mirror in a store or even in the bathroom this will please the young infant, they may smile or may even laugh. Babies often love to look at faces, including their own.
- Promotes independent play - the child is not reliant on an adult to entertain them.
- Promotes free movement - encourages parents to spend more time with the child in the movement area, gives the child more time to move and get to know their body.
- Promotes coordinated movement - child observes himself in the mirror and then reacts, he may at this age not know it is himself in the mirror but he is beginning to make connections. He sees his leg go up in the mirror, then he puts it down and then up again.
- Allows the child to view the rest of their/the room and over time allows them to visually map the room, this is especially beneficial for infants that are not able to move or crawl.
The mirror doesn't have to be in the infant's room. Place it where it is convenient and where it will be used, a small space in the living area may work well. Put a playmat or soft folded blanket next to the mirror,
- Crawling babies are encouraged to pull themselves into a standing position using the rail whilst investigating their own reflection in the non-shatter safety mirror. Toddlers can use the rail to steady themselves.